www.gujaratindia.com - Official Portal of Gujarat Government

Media

HomeMediaNews

Gandhinagar, Saturday: Gujarat Government today took strong exception to Union Rural Development Minister Vil asrao Deshmukh's statement at a press conference in Ahmedab ad yesterday leveling baseless allegations about irregularities in MNREGA.

On the contrary, government spokespersons-ministers Jay Narayan Vyas and Saurabh Patel said that Gujarat's records in implementation of projects for the rural poor are impeccable, lauded by Planning Commission and experts for its transparency.

They said the State Government under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi has during the last 10 years given a new direction to pro-poor policies and programme implementation. In a revolutionary movement of sorts, over 26,000 Gram Sabhas have been organized at 350 Garib Kalyan Melas to directly help 39 lakh poor families literally at their doorstep with financial assistance or gadgets to supplement their income.

Money in Central government exchequer is of the people of the nation. In a federal system, a state government has a right to have its share from it to use it for the good of its people. Those money is not anybody's inheritance and it can not be used and allocate in a whimsical manner, they said.

Referring to the Union Minister's allegations that meeting of the monitoring committee has not been convened, they said, the Central government has to give suggestions on the names of the members of the committee in case of reformation of it, which the Centre has never cared to furnish.

MNREGA demands that after 60 per cent of the allocation, the Central Government has to be approached for the remaining 40 per cent. Gujarat got Rs.492-cr from Center in February 2011 and there is no question of any saving on it. About 11 lakh poor have got jobs in the state under the scheme.

There is a bad political motive behind accusing Gujarat government. About the allegations that the Gujarat government is not using the Central fund under Indira Awas and SGSV schemes are baseless and meant to lead off track. Under Indira Awas scheme Gujarat got Rs.519.35-cr and added its share of Rs.151.42-cr to spent Rs.743.30-cr. Gujarat is the only state to provide housing units to all the BPL beneficiaries in list 0-16 Points. The Centre should better shun Gujarat bashing and take a cue from Gujarat's success stories to implement elsewhere in the country.

 
Add Gujarat State Portal News To :

http://www.gswan.gov.in, Gujarat State Wide Area Network Vibrant Gujarat Gujarat Tourism : External website that opens in a new window http://india.gov.in, The National Portal of India https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/, Digital Gujarat

gujaratindiagujaratindia